Ever since Brayden was little I always wanted a growth chart for him. I remember when I was younger seeing the wall at my Aunt's house, where they marked every year how tall they all were. I loved the idea! Since that is definitely not an option for us since who knows when we'll settle down, I wanted one we could just take with us. And it was my plan all along to just make one, because really it wouldn't be too hard, but I just never got around to it. So when I saw one a few months ago that was on sale and wasn't all cutesy, I decided to break down and just buy it. And I'm so glad I did!
I have all my kids heights from their doctor checkups each year so we marked those on there and then they both got measured on their birthdays to see how tall they are this year. It was fun to watch how excited they were to see how much they had grown. I can totally remember that as a kid. You felt so cool when someone said you looked bigger! Brayden is funny because he thought you automatically just grew on your birthday so he was a little disappointed when he turned 5 and he wasn't any taller then the day before. I also remember thinking that! Anyways, I am excited we can add this to our birthday traditions now. I love starting new ones and how excited the kids get remembering them every year....it's definitely the fun part of being a mom! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment