 |
| Picking up our race packets at the expo |
On January 8 I ran the Disney half marathon and Brayden and Tyler ran the Disney kid races at Disney World. It was seriously so much fun which is not something I always say about running, but this one was like a party the whole time with characters and music the whole way. Ok and even fireworks at the starting line. I loved it! I almost made Guy run it for me since I hadn't trained very well for it...it was hard to get all my runs in with the craziness of the holidays before. But I am so glad that I went ahead and just ran it because I know Guy wouldn't have appreciated the magic of Disney! lol :)Yes, I ran with my camera and I stopped at every single character to get my picture! It was so fun to not care about my time. In the race we ran through Magic Kingdom and finished in Epcot. If you run the full marathon, which was the next day, then you get to run through all four parks. My favorite was running in Magic Kingdom and through the castle. They had the most characters in there and it was just fun...plus that meant I could take lots of running breaks to stop and see each one. I needed them!!!
 |
| Running through Epcot! |
Guy and the kids surprised me and found me on the course!
 |
| Crossing the finish line! |
 |
| I did it! :) |
Brayden loved my donald duck medal. You got a donald for the half, Mickey for the full and the crazy people that ran the half on Saturday and the full on Sunday got both medals plus an extra goofy one.
Here we are getting ready for the kid races to start which were in the afternoon. They were at the ESPN Wide World of Sports track and all I can say is it was chaos. Sooo many kids everywhere! But it was $10 and they got a shirt and a medal so it was totally worth it. Tyler ran the 100m and Brayden did the 200m. And when I say Tyler ran, I mean I carried him 100m while he pouted the whole time. That's Tyler for ya!
But we love him :)
We didn't get any pictures of them while they ran because their races were so short and it was really just chaos. But here's Brayden after with his mickey medal. He was so proud!
Brayden showing us how fast he can run
Playing on the mickey hill with all the kids
 |
| Posing for our picture after the race |
All in all, it was so much fun and I would totally do it again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment