
There was a knock at our door last Saturday night

And Brayden answered it and he found a present sitting there

He was super excited so he brought it inside

"Brayden, this is all the way from the North Pole!!!"

From Santa!!!

Brayden opened up a letter from Santa

and Mommy read it to him

And then it was time to see what was inside

Tyler got excited about the wrapping paper but Brayden did most of the work

It was a little elf that Santa sent us

We had to think of a name for him and Brayden chose Elfie

Then we read the book that came with him that told us all about this special elf

The elf spends all his days with us watching to see what we are doing and then every night he uses his magic and goes back to the North Pole to report back to Santa if we've been naughty or nice. Then in the morning we wake up and have to search for the elf because he will be in a new spot for the next day.

We've been doing this for a few days now and it has been SO fun. The first thing Brayden does in the morning is search for Elfie and see where he is hiding this time. And Guy and I are having fun "helping" Elfie find new places to hide and leaving little notes and things with him for the kids.
Plus, its been a geat bargaining tool...all I have to say is "Brayden, Elfie is watching and he's gonna tell Santa about that" and it works every time. In fact, yesterday I overheard Brayden telling Tyler that he better stop messing up his toys because Elfie could see him and would tell Santa and Santa wouldn't be very happy. So funny!!
Anyways, its cute and its a fun new tradition to do every Christmas so I just thought I would share!!
7 comments:
That is SUCH a cute idea! I'll have to do something like that with Andrew when he's old enough.
i love that!! where did you find that, i want to get one for cash!
k and also, tyler looks exactly like guy... I haven't noticed until that picture of him and brayden sitting together, so cute!
Man, I need an Elfie:-)
Man, I need an Elfie:-)
Or even when Allison was a teenager haha.
This is such a cute idea! and i love how kids always just add an ie or a y
on to anything when they name it :)
Miss you guys and see you soon!
Melissa
That's an awesome idea I can't wait to have a kid old enough to do all those fun things with!!! You look amazing by the way!
SO cool! You'll have to thank Santa for us too. My kids are LOVING it!
Post a Comment