Saturday, June 13, 2009

A week with Kelly

My sister Kelly came to Texas to visit us and it was so much fun! I haven't seen her in person for over a year so I was super excited! I love Kelly cause we think all the same things are funny and we just turn into big dorks when we're together! It's the best!! Brayden adored her and every morning the first thing he would say to me was "Is Kelly awake yet?" It was so cute! We did lots of fun stuff and tried to beat the heat! Texas summers are the worst so I think she was glad to go back to Ohio where it doesn't get quite so hot and humid!

BB LOVES to color and loved that Kel would color with him. He was so excited on this day that they were both wearing red shirts! :) I took Kelly to the American Girl Doll Store in Dallas which was so much fun! I LOVE this store! I was obsessed with American Girl Dolls when I was younger and used to pour through the magazine every time it came in the mail and spend hours circling everything that I wanted in it. And then I would secretly put it on my parents bed hoping they would see it and buy me everything :) Anyways, it is fun to walk through the store and see everything all at once.... makes me feel like I am 6 again! So we had some fun there! The doll I had growing up was Felicity so I had to get a pic by her display!!
Kelly had Josephina so she posed by hers with BBAnd another one of me and Felicity...I totally have this outfit for my doll but not the horse! I'm sure I circled it at one point though!
SO they also have a baby doll collection at the store called bitty babies and we had a little too much fun over there. Brayden liked that section way too much and kept running around saying "Aw, these are SO cute!" It was pretty funny. I need to have a little girl someday so I don't feel so guilty taking my boys to a doll store!
This is Kel with her twins
Ty with the pumpkin doll...just about the same size!And we made BB pose with the little baby potty chair since he is newly potty trained- this is one of the "SO cute" things that he loved. The tiny potty and undies! lolAnd Guy will hate this but we made BB dress up in girl stuff....
Yes, we had a little too much time on our hands here!
Now the funniest part was I dug my old doll out of storage and brought it with me because they have this doll hair salon there and I wanted them to fix her hair. I've been wanting to keep her nice just in case I have a little girl someday! It was funny because her hair was so bad. I got her when I was in like 1st grade so this doll is like 17 years old and was well played with! I mean mine is like an antique now! haha! So they put her in the little chair and put a cape on her and got to work! And our luck we got the old, slow grandma working on her. She brushed her hair for like 20 minutes. I mean after she was done the grandma had to leave and take a break! She worked up such a sweat! We watched from a distance laughing because I was too embarrassed to claim her as mine!BB was pretty fascinated by the whole experience. He kept telling me, "wow mom, your doll is sure lookin' great!"
So now my doll is back in storage and lookin' good...
Alright, so finally moving on from the doll store...we took BB to jump town one morning and let him go crazy!
This is him and his "girlfriend" that followed him around everywhere. She was SO cute!!
Kelly was such a cool aunt and got in and jumped with him
And chilled with Ty too...I love his face in this one!
We ate some yummy ice cream at Paciguo...the best italian ice cream
And one night we had the craziest storm with the tornado sirens going off and like 75 mph winds. It was kinda scary but Texas seems to always have crazy storms like this at least once or twice a year. I took this pic of the sky after the storm had passed...it was so orange and pretty!
We let BB ride his scooter to the park
And we had a fun picnic under the trees
And then we all went and swam at the water park at the rec center
BB started out on the small red slide
But was so brave and went down the big green one all by himself! What a big boy!
Splashin' away
Kelly and BB...she was so nice and took him around the lazy river like 10 times! Isn't this such a cute picture of them together
We also did lots of shopping, hanging out, movies, eating, talking and laughing in between which made it such a fun week. We loved having Kelly here with us and miss her SO much already! We've been spoiled over here having visitors for 2 weeks in a row. On the way home from the airport after we dropped off Kel BB said to me, "mom, now we have nobody!" So funny!
Thanks for coming to see us Kelly! We sure love you! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had so much fun .see u in smokies

Maria said...

the picture of brayden with the underwear and potty is soooo cute. so funny! i bet you and the boys had a blast with so much going on the past two weeks!!! riley loves looking at pictures of the cousins. keep them coming! we love you guys!

Ashlie Grow said...

thats so fun to have family come visit! ... and gosh you guys are like the funnest hosts ever, im coming to visit next!

Austin, Richard and Ethan said...

That is so awesome. Your sister looks so much like you. I am so glad to see you loved american girls too. We are going to chicago this week and i am going to the store there!!!!

Kelly said...

i miss you guys already! i should've stayed for 2 weeks it was so fun. can't wait til august!