Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

Well, our labor day started off a little rocky but got better as the day went on. I got a call soon after Guy left for work that he had gotten in a car crash and I needed to come pick him up. I was freaking out (since thats all he told me) and rushed over there. His car was totaled but luckily he was fine. That's all that matters anyways... just a car right! So our '98 indestructible Nissan Maxima is no longer with us! We'll be a 1 car family for awhile so we'll see how that goes. But I feel very blessed that no one was hurt in the accident and that Guy was able to come home safe and sound! I took some pictures of his car on my cell phone but I have no clue how to put them on the computer. I'll have to figure that out...

Anyways, we decided to make the most of our day after that exciting morning and decided to do something fun. We went to a fun park and did a nature hike which was super hot. The scenery didn't quite compare to Oregon but it was pretty for Texas and we had a good time. Afterwards we went to a really cute frozen custard place that was so yummy. Reminded me of places I used to stop with my Grandpa Richardson on the way home from our Saturday Hocking Hills trips in Ohio as a kid. We came home and took naps and then went to our neighborhood pool to swim at night. I am loving that it has a fun kiddie pool so I can "supervise" from the side!

So not quite how we expected our labor day to go but it turned out ok. We're just counting our blessings! :)

5 comments:

stacy{s} said...

we love that custard place! so glad you found it. And I really so glad that Guy is okay. so scary. we love you guys!!!

Jathan and Heather said...

sucks about the wreck... glad hes all good though. Guy always has been a tough one. sounds like this last trip to OR convinced you to live there eh? sounds great to me! Jay

Laura said...

Getting a phone call like that is one of my worst fears-but at least he is okay. I'm glad you all had a great day inspite of it-and good luck surviving with just one car, we have had to do it a couple of times and it is not too fun!

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

wow sounds like a crazy day! Glad no one was hurt in the acccident but was it the car that he drove around BYU and the one we learned to drive stick in? Cause that would be so sad cause that car has so many memories!

The Burrups said...

That is so crazy that guy got in a wreck! we are so glaD that he is okay! Brayden looks so cute in those pics. That park sounds like fun. Landon and i love hiking but haven't been since we had kids. not even a little hike.