As dorky as this is about to sound, I love new school supplies. Always have! I can still remember how much I loved Lisa Frank folders and packs of gel pens back in the day. Maybe it's a girl thing, because Guy looks at me like I am crazy but I really do get excited when I see the school supplies hit the stores. I mean, crayons for 25 cents! Who doesn't stock up?
But this time around, we are actually buying them for a real reason, which is CRAZY I must say. Still doesn't seem real that my baby is in kindergarten, but I won't get all mushy and go into that now! Anyway, Brayden and I picked up his list of what he needed and headed out to good old Target to stock up. I just have to say that I was very happy that he was just as excited as I was. You just never know with boys! He loved picking out everything that he wanted and when we got to the check out aisle he looked at me and said, "Mom, there is just NO way all of that is going to fit in my backpack!" I had to laugh and tell him that he would not have to carry the box of tissues, paper towels, packs of paper etc. every day to school.
School starts in about 2 weeks here...did school always used to start in August? I swear back when I was little we started the beginning of September? But the wonderful thing is Brayden doesn't start school until 9:50 so at least we can all still sleep in. That will be a gift with a new baby in the house! I just have to get used to the idea that we are going to actually have a schedule in life now. I've loved our lazy days where we don't have anywhere to be and don't have to go do anything if we don't want to. Staying in your pajamas all day is pretty nice, which just cause he's starting school doesn't mean that still won't be happening. Let's be real!
The elementary school he goes to is in our neighborhood and just a few blocks away so we can walk him there which will be fun. The crazy part is his kindergarten is ALL day EVERY day! That seems so long to me for a little 5 year old to be in school. Tyler is going to miss him like crazy....and me too! But we will be moving the end of the year so who knows where we'll end up and how they'll do kindergarten there. Maybe we'll move somewhere that does a half day and I'll wish he was still in school all day :)
3 comments:
ohhhhh!!! i just cant believe it is starting...our boys are sooo big. we are headed to target tomorrow for supplies too!!! i'm sure brayden will have so much fun at school!
Wow! I can't believe he's starting kindergarten! And you weren't mistaken - school NEVER started in August here in Hilliard when we were younger!
Do you have any ideas as to where you'd like to move after your Florida adventure is done?
PS. I LOVE school supplies! You aren't alone!
Melody, we are hoping to move out west somewhere. With my family in Utah now and Guy's in Oregon it would be wonderful! Fingers crossed!!!
Post a Comment